LRG In The News
The Life Raft Group has been making headlines and hitting the airwaves all over the world.
Here is a quick roundup:
- LRG responds to recent Cancer Cell coverage, January 19, 2011
- Life Raft Group helps those with rare gastrointestinal tumors, Wayne Today, July 8, 2010
- Living With a Lifesaving Drug's Side Effects, Wall Street Journal, September 14, 2009.
- A wonderful story of participatory medicine, e-patients.net, April 3, 2009.
- Action! $300 Million to Actively Promote Participation & Improve Care, e-patients.net, March 6, 2009.
- When is it OK to randomise cancer patients to placebo?, Cancer World, November/December 2008.
- Paolo Casali:the man with the method, Cancer World, November/December 2008.
- Innovating cancer research, The Bergen Record, December 23,2008.
- Increased funding strengthens Life Raft Group's five-year plan to find cure for gastrointestinal stromal tumors (GIST)
- The Growing Clout of Online Patient Groups, The Wall Street Journal, June 2007
- Norman and Anita Scherzer featured in Correio Braziliense, a Brazilian publication, about the drug Glivec. March 2007. (Article in English)
- Norway publication: "Together against cancer" features LRG member Jan-Einar Moe, Glivec and the LRG. This is the magazine for the Norwegian Cancer Association. The title of the article is Hope with new medicine and friends on the net, March 2007
- Cancer patient credits experiments for survival: State worker tests treatment, outlasts doctors' predictions, The Olympian, July 2006
- Placebos break taboo in cancer drug tests, The Boston Globe, July 2004
- Dying Cancer Patients May Get Drug Placebos in Some Clinical Trials, The Wall Street Journal, June 2004
- Fighting Cancer with a Sugar Pill — Move to Give Some Patients Placebos Instead of Drugs Causes Rift Among Doctors, Michael Smerconish Radio Show WPHT, Philadelphia, June 2004
- Discussion Concerning Placebo and Clinical Trials, The Wall Street Journal, June 2004
- Doctors argue over use of placebos in cancer trials, WTAJ 10 News, Altoona, Penn., June 2004
- New Treatment for Stomach Tumors — Treating GIST, Staten Island Register, June 2004
- Making a difference, British Medical Journal, May 2004
- The First Generation of e-Patients: These New Medical Colleagues Could Provide Sustainable Healthcare Solutions, New York Stock Exchange Magazine, May 2004
- Cancer Sufferer's Medicare Doubts - Anita & Norman Scherzer Life Raft is getting the word out about GIST, From Pipeline to Lifeline CBS News, March 2004
GIST making headlines:
- SPOTLIGHT: Artist Ellen Mayer "What Comes Out of the Brush" Delaware & Hudson CANVAS, November 2005